Pants and socks found in Budleigh Lions litter pick
- Credit: Richard Allen
Pants and socks were among the items discovered as Budleigh Lions pitched in with a litter pick.
Budleigh Lions mobilised volunteers to take part in a litter pick to ‘help keep the town looking resplendent’.
The idea for the event came from a virtual meeting held by members via the video conferencing app Zoom.
President Richard Allen said underwear was among the more ‘surprising’ items they found.
He said: “We haven’t been able to carry out our normal fundraising activities during the Covid-19 pandemic so it was brilliant to be back out serving the community we all love, our efforts even included finding a surprising number of pants and socks.”
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising for good causes was set to break records in 2020 for The Lions prior to the pandemic breaking out and events like Gala Week and a charity golf day had to be cancelled.
Anyone who normally supports the club can donate to the good causes The Lions supports by going to the Justgiving page
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 9 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock