Author Alexander McCall Smith to give talk in Budleigh Salterton in May
- Credit: Alex Hewitt
His visit is a special one-off event in advance of the town’s annual Literary Festival
One of the world’s most prolific and best loved authors, Alexander McCall Smith, is coming to Budleigh Salterton for a special one-off event, thanks to the organisers of the annual Literary Festival.
He will be appearing at St Peter’s Church on Saturday, May 25.
A former professor of medical law, he has written and contributed to more than 100 books including specialist academic titles, short story collections, and a number of immensely popular children’s books.
He became a household name after the highly successful The No 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series, which has sold more than 20 million copies in the English language alone. He has received several awards including a CBE for services to literature.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 plus booking fee and are available now for his talk, which takes place from 6pm -7pm; afterwards he will be signing books.
The Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival takes place from Wednesday September 18 – Sunday 22; the line-up will be announced in June.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light