Author Alexander McCall Smith to give talk in Budleigh Salterton in May
- Credit: Alex Hewitt
His visit is a special one-off event in advance of the town’s annual Literary Festival
One of the world’s most prolific and best loved authors, Alexander McCall Smith, is coming to Budleigh Salterton for a special one-off event, thanks to the organisers of the annual Literary Festival.
He will be appearing at St Peter’s Church on Saturday, May 25.
A former professor of medical law, he has written and contributed to more than 100 books including specialist academic titles, short story collections, and a number of immensely popular children’s books.
He became a household name after the highly successful The No 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series, which has sold more than 20 million copies in the English language alone. He has received several awards including a CBE for services to literature.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 plus booking fee and are available now for his talk, which takes place from 6pm -7pm; afterwards he will be signing books.
The Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival takes place from Wednesday September 18 – Sunday 22; the line-up will be announced in June.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 3 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on