Peabody and Piper head for Topsham’s Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Two veteran bluesmen are appearing in Topsham next month, for what’s described as a night of ‘outstanding’ acoustic blues.
Guitarists Dave Peabody and Julian Piper will be performing at the town’s Bridge Inn, at 8pm, on Friday, April 6.
Peabody – described as a ‘master showman and raconteur’ – played for many years with David ‘Honeyboy’ Edwards, a friend and confidante of Robert Johnson, one of the most revered musicians in blues history.
“It would be strange if some of the mojo had not rubbed off,” says the concert’s organiser.
Meanwhile, Piper has also spent ‘months on the dusty blues highways, touring as backup guitarist for countless American legends, and is one of the few UK blues players for whom Mississippi, Chicago and New Orleans – where he recently appeared at the Jazz and Heritage Festival – have become familiar second homes’.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show are £10. Call 01392 873862.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light