Take a dip in the Ocean of Music this April in aid of new Deaf Academy
- Credit: Matt Austin/Deaf Academy
An evening of music and entertainment is being held this April to raise funds for Exmouth’s new Deaf Academy.
Three Devon-based groups - Tumbling Dice, Cadence Road and Exmouth Rock Choir - are hosting the Ocean of Music event at Ocean on Saturday, April 11.
The new Deaf Academy is set to open just over a week later on Monday, April 20.
A raffle will be held on the night in aid of the Deaf Academy's 'Do One Thing' fundraising appeal.
Douglas Bottomley, of Tumbling Dice, said: "I have been thinking of organising a music night for a little while, and with the opening of the Deaf Academy after Easter, it seemed like the perfect charity to support and welcome to our community.
You may also want to watch:
"I am delighted that Cadence Road and Exmouth Rock Choir are on board and I am looking forward to a really great evening of music and dancing."
Visit the website for tickets which also cost £5 on the door.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 10 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household