Mollusc through Time
ON Tuesday, August 12, The Fairlynch Museum will be holding Rolling Stones – Earth Painting. Drop-in sessions from 1.30pm.
ON Tuesday, August 12, The Fairlynch Museum will be holding Rolling Stones - Earth Painting. Drop-in sessions from 1.30pm.
Earth painting experience for all ages, using earth pigment made from the surrounding landscape - the cliffs and the riverbed.
Investigate the trails of sea molluscs, like winkles, and then create your own 'mollusc trails' on fabric, using local pebbles with the earth paints on the fabric.
Thursday, August 14, there will be Mollusc Through Time sessions from 1.30pm and 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Usk goes on an adventure in a rock pool and finds herself going through time meeting who knows what?
Bring some of your own shells collected locally to share and show. See who they might have met 250 million years ago.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
will be telling stories from the new Story Chair (pictured above right) at the Fairlynch Museum,