Food festival in Exeter over Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
The festival founded by chef Michael Caines is a showcase for local food and drink producers, with live music and evening entertainment
The Exeter Festival of South West Food and Drink returns to Northernhay Gardens and Exeter Castle from Saturday, May 4 to Monday 6.
The foodie spectacular features live music, chef demonstrations, artisan produce, real ales and cider, family-friendly workshops and a chance to meet the producers behind some of the area's highest-quality products.
Festivities kick off at 6.30pm on Friday, May 3 with Exeter Beats: live bands, street-food, regional drinks and a lively atmosphere. Two further Exeter Beats events will light up the courtyard on Saturday and Sunday evenings. The daytime festival opens on Saturday May 4 at 10am and continues throughout the Bank Holiday weekend.
One new feature of the festival is the Exeter Live Better marquee, created in conjunction with Visit Exeter and Exeter City Council. This offers free demonstrations and talks on achieving a healthier and balanced lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to buy tickets visit: www.exeterfoodanddrinkfestival.co.uk.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?