Focusing on Jane Austen in Colyton
- Credit: Archant
As part of the ongoing series of FoStA talks, Jane Austen expert Deirdre Le Fay, author of many articles and books on the subject, is going to be in Colyton on Wednesday, March 16.
She will be giving an illustrated talk entitled Jane Austen After 200 Years.
Jane Austen is known to have visited Lyme Regis, and the town features in more than one of her novels.
It is also possible she visited Colyton, while her family holidayed in Sidmouth, as the then Vicar of Colyton had been a pupil of her father.
Local interest aside, this promises to be a fascinating evening of insights and information.
You may also want to watch:
The talk is being held in St Andrew’s Church, Colyton, and proceeds will go towards the upkeep of this beautiful building.
Tickets, £5 (£4 for members, free for under-18s), are available from The Little Shop, Market Square, Colyton, or on the door.
- 1 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 2 Headteacher joins calls for improved school funding
- 3 Community responds brilliantly to Afghan refugee crisis
- 4 East Devon elects new councillor in the Exe Valley
- 5 Mayor tells of pride at kindness shown to Afghan refugees
- 6 Probus club members resume 2021 meetings
- 7 County’s major arts event exceeds expectations in first few days
- 8 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 9 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 10 Peter Nelson Memorial Shield at Phear Park
Please call 01297 552057 for further information on tickets.