Focusing on Jane Austen in Colyton
- Credit: Archant
As part of the ongoing series of FoStA talks, Jane Austen expert Deirdre Le Fay, author of many articles and books on the subject, is going to be in Colyton on Wednesday, March 16.
She will be giving an illustrated talk entitled Jane Austen After 200 Years.
Jane Austen is known to have visited Lyme Regis, and the town features in more than one of her novels.
It is also possible she visited Colyton, while her family holidayed in Sidmouth, as the then Vicar of Colyton had been a pupil of her father.
Local interest aside, this promises to be a fascinating evening of insights and information.
You may also want to watch:
The talk is being held in St Andrew’s Church, Colyton, and proceeds will go towards the upkeep of this beautiful building.
Tickets, £5 (£4 for members, free for under-18s), are available from The Little Shop, Market Square, Colyton, or on the door.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 8 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 9 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Please call 01297 552057 for further information on tickets.