Exmouth’s Devoncourt Resort prepares to switch on its Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth’s festive activities will have their traditional start on the last Friday of November.
That’s when the Devoncourt Resort on Douglas Avenue switches on its extraordinary display of colourful festive lights.
If you’ve never seen the “wonderland of light” – hundreds of illuminated figurines spread around the hotel’s large gardens – now’s your chance.
This year the big switch-on is on Friday, November 24, starting at 6pm. Young singers from Centre Stage will perform at 6.30pm. That’s followed by hand bell ringers from the Boys Brigade at 6.45pm.
And the mayor of Exmouth – Cllr Brian Cole – will push the big button at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
But don’t worry if you can’t make this year’s switch-on. The lights will be turned on every evening at 5pm until the New Year. Refreshments will be available and the restaurant will be open from 6.30pm (Wednesdays-Sundays). There’s also a reindeer trail for children, plus charitable collection for RNLI.
- 1 Andy and Rachel help High Street adjust to life after lockdown
- 2 Marine’s own trauma inspires community mental health initiative
- 3 International Women’s Day – celebrating Exmouth’s business women
- 4 Exmouth Festival cancelled but'fun and entertainment' planned
- 5 Exmouth author’s book to ‘declutter your mind’
- 6 Whether you're a hunter or a gatherer, we all end up not taking our possessions with us
- 7 Exmouth boss turns to a new season
- 8 Lympstone man writes his memoirs to share life with his grandchildren
- 9 New ideas to add value to East Devon's car parks
- 10 Causing trouble is how some people get their kicks