Exmouth’s Devoncourt Resort prepares to switch on its Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth’s festive activities will have their traditional start on the last Friday of November.
That’s when the Devoncourt Resort on Douglas Avenue switches on its extraordinary display of colourful festive lights.
If you’ve never seen the “wonderland of light” – hundreds of illuminated figurines spread around the hotel’s large gardens – now’s your chance.
This year the big switch-on is on Friday, November 24, starting at 6pm. Young singers from Centre Stage will perform at 6.30pm. That’s followed by hand bell ringers from the Boys Brigade at 6.45pm.
And the mayor of Exmouth – Cllr Brian Cole – will push the big button at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
But don’t worry if you can’t make this year’s switch-on. The lights will be turned on every evening at 5pm until the New Year. Refreshments will be available and the restaurant will be open from 6.30pm (Wednesdays-Sundays). There’s also a reindeer trail for children, plus charitable collection for RNLI.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 4 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 7 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 8 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands