Win tickets to see the Phil Beer Band at Exmouth Pavilion
- Credit: Archant
A popular West Country ‘folk ‘n’ roll’ band will be performing at Exmouth Pavilion later this month.
The Phil Beer Band will be taking to the stage at the seafront venue at 7.30pm on Sunday, February 29.
The Journal has a pair of tickets for its readers to win in our easy-to-enter competition.
The Phil Beer Band performs a unique blend of folk and roll trawled from Phil's treasure trove of traditional tunes and American country rock.
The highly popular line-up comprises Gareth Turner, Steve Crickett, Greg McDonald, Olivia Dunn and Phil Beer and promises to deliver a lively cocktail of folk, rock, country and blues.
In the early to mid 1990s, Phil Beer, of Show of Hands, Nick Quarmby, Steve Crickett and Gareth Turner formed a loose federation which was the genesis of band as stands today.
Following in the tradition set by the Albion Band - of which both Gareth and Phil were former members - the band always interspersed the dances with the odd song.
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 3 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 4 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 5 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 6 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 7 Win keeps Exmouth Town second with games in hand
- 8 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 9 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 10 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
Over a long period of time, it has evolved into a 'Folk 'n' Roll' band with country-rock overtones.
The Journal has a great prize to give away to our readers.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets to see the Phil Beer Band, simply answer the following question.
Which Miranda is Phil Beer's bandmate in Show of Hands?
To enter, go online at: www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news/competitions_2_20420 , select the relevant competition, complete the entry form and submit it.
Alternatively, send your answer on a postcard with your name, address and daytime contact number to Phil Beer Band competition, Archant, Exeter Airport Business Park, Fair Oak Close, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UL.
Terms and conditions:
Competition closes at 11am, Tuesday, February 25. Archant employees and their family members may not enter this competition. Winner will be selected at random after the closing date. Winner must respond to winner email or phone call within two working days or an alternative winner will be selected. By submitting your details online you automatically authorise Archant Ltd to send you emails regarding this competition. Usual promotion rules apply - visit www.archant.co.uk