Exmouth actors have ‘bean’ well chosen for Newton Poppleford panto
- Credit: Archant
Two actors from Exmouth are taking to the Newton Poppleford stage in The Riverside Players’ pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk.
Abi Bryson and Nathan Wakefield are playing the broker's men who come to collect the unpaid taxes on Dame Dotty Dimple's cottage.
With a delightful Dame, a simple Simon, a petulant princess, a jovial Jack, a rancid Rat Man, a sour-faced wizard, a sugar-coated fairy and a pantomime cow, the show promises plenty of fun.
The production also features four members of the same family, all from Ottery St Mary.
Harriet Squire is in the lead role as Jack, and her two sisters Martha and Florence play Princess Charlotte and Simple Simon respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Their mother Juliet Squire is appearing as Queen Crumble.
The pantomime runs from Wednesday, February 12 until Saturday, February 15.
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 4 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college
The shows start at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. For tickets ring 01395 568897.