Drink up thy Scrumpstock at Exmouth Rugby Club!
- Credit: Archant
Final preparations are being made for Scrumpstock, the three-day cider, food and music festival that’s at Exmouth Rugby Club from Friday, May 15 to Sunday, May 17.
New acts and attractions have been added to the family event.
On Friday, Exmouth-based Polly Anderson will be demonstrating various circus skills to show what can be done with juggling, hoops, diablos and other items.
The Exmouth Players will mingle with the crowds on Saturday afternoon. The theatre troupe is hoping to attract younger members to join the group. “It’s great fun,” says the Players’ Trevor Brice.
Sunday’s jolly pirate theme has been strengthened with the addition of TriCorn Shonkey. The four-piece band of musicians and actors ‘weave their own musical tapestry of shanties, jigs and reels about press gangs, sea voyages, highwaymen and smugglers in full costume’. They’re led by Dave Oliver – of Devon’s Rattlebox Theatre – whose puppet shows will also appear at Scrumpstock.
You may also want to watch:
Other additions on the Sunday include trad-blues band Freak Bruvvers. They feature Brian Steffens, from Dawlish. He’s the father-in-law of Caz Steffens, the founder of the Snooky Trust, a charity that helps young adults in the Dawlish area, which is benefiting from the festival proceeds.
Pirates looking for a leather eye-patch will find MythWorks of Brixham at the festival. A small, family-owned business of leather workers, they are regulars at Brixham Pirate Festival.
- 1 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 4 Exmouth school recognised for excellence in science teaching
- 5 Former High Court Justice speaks to Probus Club
- 6 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
- 7 More than £62m in grants paid to struggling East Devon businesses
- 8 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 9 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
Other family attractions include a bouncy castle and trampoline alongside Captain Coconut and Devon Face Painting. Food stalls include Posh Kebab Company from Tiverton, where all the meat is traceable.
World of Country Life and Hawkridge Birds of Prey will also be attending. And, of course, there will be lots of cider. Local producers at the festival include main provider Venton’s, plus Hunt’s, Yarde, Green Valley, Tricky Cider and Sandford Orchards.
Running order, ticket prices and more details: www.scrumpstock.co.uk/