Celebrating 40 years
CLYST Valley Choral Society is celebrating its 40th anniversary as a flourishing community choir, and Paul Stock's 10th anniversary as the society s musical director.
CLYST Valley Choral Society is celebrating its 40th anniversary as a flourishing community choir, and Paul Stock's 10th anniversary as the society's musical director. To commemorate this unique event, we shall be singing the glorious Stabat Mater by Rossini, as well as a selection of our favourites from the past 10 years, such as The Heavens are Telling from Haydn's Creation (which was also the Society's first performance), Badgers and Hedgehogs from Andrew Carter's Benedicite, as well as an excerpt from Rutter's Requiem.
Come along to the first rehearsal this Thursday.
You know you love singing and have been meaning to join a choir for all these years. I promise you that you won't regret it!
We welcome complete beginners, even people who can't read music. All we ask for is your enthusiasm and willingness to attend on a regular basis, and we promise you enjoyment in return.
You may also want to watch:
Rehearsals start this Thursday, January 10, at 7.30pm at Clyst St Mary Church.
Performances are on April 26 at St Margaret's Church, Topsham, and April 27, at Holy Trinity, Exmouth.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
Call Secretary Janet Macdonald (01392) 271858 or Chairwoman Marieke Biggs (01395) 278809, or look on our website www.clystvalleychoral.org.uk
See you Thursday!