Ballet classes for over 55s in Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Ballet techniques adapted for older people provide a full mind and body workout, for beginners and those with some dance experience
Too old to take up ballet? Don't believe it - classes for people over 55 are starting up in Exmouth.
The Silver Swans sessions will take place at Southwest Ballet Arts in Salterton Road, starting on Thursday, June 13 at 11.15am.
The instructors have been trained in adapting ballet techniques to older dancers, who will benefit from improved mobility, posture, co-ordination and energy levels. The classes will provide a full mind and body workout.
The sessions are based upon research into dance practice for older participants from the Royal Academy of Dance's 'Dance for Lifelong Wellbeing' project.
You may also want to watch:
Former ballerina, Renee Fairweather, proprietor of Southwest Ballet Arts in Exmouth, is now a Silver Swans licensee. She said: "My classes are for both novice and experienced dancers and are an opportunity to have fun and enjoy the sense of well- being that dance brings. There is no upper or lower age limit to be a Silver Swan - and men can be Swans too!"
For further information visit Southwest Ballet Arts' Facebook page or call 01395 265107.
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 6 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 7 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 8 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 9 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice
- 10 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point