Yukon stars as Budleigh Ladies win well at Bideford
Budleigh Ladies travelled to Bideford Ladies with just ten players.
However, rarely throughout the contest did their lack of numbers show such was the industry of the ten on parade as they secured a 3-0 win.
They were ahead in the opening exchanges when left wing Kelly Browring struck after a fine cross from striker Keeley Coates.
Coates then doubled the lead after good approach play from Dominae Weeks. Player of the match, Abby Yukon, who worked tirelessly in the centre of midfield was then unfortunate not to score from a well taken free kick.
Budleigh continued taking the game to their now frustrated opponents, whose only chance came from an overhead kick that drew a splendid save from Kath Binmore.
You may also want to watch:
Player boss Anita James completed the scoring with a shot from 25-yards.
Skipper Chelcey Greasley had an excellent game in centre of defence whilst recent signing Lucy Burch gave a solid performance at right back.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 9 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
Boss James said: “It was s a truly gutsy performance and a well deserved three points in the bag and I am proud of the effort the girls put in under such circumstances.”