Arrows at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The PDC World Darts Championships
The festive season is a time for great food, Christmas movies, twinkly decorations and, best of all, the World Darts Championship.
It is set to be a very different affair this season, as darts, like all indoor sports, seeks to find a new future amid the Covid crisis.
The PDC World Championship is due to start on December 18 and will run through to January 4, so not the traditional New Year’s Day Final. While the crowd noise won’t be the same, it remains a highlight in the darting calendar.
It is always strange to enjoy a top darts event without Phil ‘the Power’ Taylor but still plenty of big-name contenders. Michael van Gerwen enters the tournament as favourite but has lacked his normal dominance of the sport this year. Champion Peter Wright, Gary Anderson and Michael Smith will also be fancied.
You may also want to watch:
We love the arrows.
Kolo....Kolo Kolo...Kolo Toure. Yaya...Yaya Yaya...you know the rest.
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 8 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs