Woodbury Park have superb weather for Presidents Day meeting
- Credit: Archant
Woodbury Park enjoyed great weather at the weekend for Presidents Day, writes David Browne.
The event was hosted by Sir John Evans with a welcome barbecue at the halfway house.
For those whose golf was falling below expectation, and there were a few, there was consolation to be had in the cider and Guinness around the course.
Jack Greenslade came in first with 43 points, followed closely by Roger Haley(42) and Philip Watson(41.
Lauren Pearce won the Ladies Presidents with 37.
You may also want to watch:
Paula Cowl came in second on countback with 32 ahead of Jan Morrison.
Ian Doust won the midweek Acorns qualifier with a net 61.Philip Corcus and Andrew Pryke came 2nd and 3rd with scores of 63 and 65
- 1 Andy and Rachel help High Street adjust to life after lockdown
- 2 Marine’s own trauma inspires community mental health initiative
- 3 International Women’s Day – celebrating Exmouth’s business women
- 4 Exmouth Festival cancelled but'fun and entertainment' planned
- 5 Exmouth author’s book to ‘declutter your mind’
- 6 Whether you're a hunter or a gatherer, we all end up not taking our possessions with us
- 7 Lympstone man writes his memoirs to share life with his grandchildren
- 8 Exmouth boss turns to a new season
- 9 New ideas to add value to East Devon's car parks
- 10 Causing trouble is how some people get their kicks
Paula Lee topped the midweek stableford coming in with 36 points. Second place went to Joe Hibberd (35) and third, on countback, was Jack Veale.
Last, but not least, the Sheelah Creasy team had a good match against Honiton and came away with a half.