Watts makes impressive debut in big Exmouth Town U13s victory
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Under-13s registered their first win of the Exeter and District Youth League campaign, and did it in style, defeating visiting Okehampton 12-0 at the Archery Club on Saturday.
Town set the tone for their terrific all-round performance by making a lightning-quick start, which saw them hit the upright just 30 seconds into the contest, with Cody Lester latching onto a Freddie Robertson pass, only to see the ball strike the post and stay out!
However, the goals did start to flow with the first scored by Will Lucas, who turned home a Scott Boddy cross. Further goals from Tyler Cunningham-Ortiz and Cody Lester put Town into a 3-0 lead after 20 minutes.
Just before half-time a long ball from Brad Upcott presented Lucas with the chance to score his second and send Town into the interval with a 4-0 lead.
The second half saw one-way traffic! Isaac Firth scored the fifth before new signing Adam Watts rifled home a 25-yard screamer.
You may also want to watch:
What’s more, the same player scored twice more to net a five minute hat-trick – quite a way to mark his first game in a Town kit!
Watts then turned provider, setting up Lester for his second goal of the game and the next goal saw Lucas complete his hat-trick.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
The next Town goal was the ‘pick’ of the dozen! Left back Nial Christensen won the ball and started a move with passes between Boddy, Lucas, Watts and Lester before Sam Quine finished from a narrow angle.
Town completed the scoring just before the final whistle when Lucas scored his fourth of the game.
The Town Man of the Match award, selected by the players, was won by new boy Adam Watts.
Town Under-13 manager Nick James and coaches Mark Upcott and Fin Smith were delighted with their team’s performance in this game, and the hard work the team have put in so far this season.
The Town Under-11s had their league game at Exeter Arrows postponed and the Under-18s were without a game.