Wade storms to BLTSC Grade 3 tournament victory in Bristol.
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth’’s leading Under-16 tennis player Callum Wade had a great run in winning the prestigious BLTSC Grade 3 tournament in Bristol last week.
Victories against Avon’s Gregor Bates (6-4, 6-0), Devon player Eric Wislon (7-6, 6-1) and Wiltshire’s Ross Gilbert (3-6, 6-1, 10-2), set up a semi-final against number two seed James Hardiman of Avon.
Unseeded Wade won in some comfort at 6-3, 6-1 to move into the final where he faced number four seed (Avon) where unseeded Wade comfortably won 6-3 6-1.
In the final he met number four seed Caleb Dyer (Gloucester), who had easily knocked out the top seed in the last four.
In an exhausting two-hour battle Wade came through winning in straight sets 7-6, 7-5.
You may also want to watch:
Winning the tournament against such high quality opposition sets young Wade up for the season ahead.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon