Underhill nets only goal as Exmouth Town Reserves win at Seaton Town
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Reserves picked up a 1-0 win when they travelled to Seaton Town for a Macron League top flight meeting.
Town travelled across East Devon with former Exeter City goalkeeper Martyn Rice in goal and it was the former Grecian who played a key role in the victory.
In a closely contested first half, Town were bright and moved the ball around well, but the interval arrived with the game still seekingb its first goal.
The only goal of the contest came after the break when a long kick from Rice was latched onto by Arron Underhill who raced clear,drew the home glovesman and drilled the ball home.
Thereafter the Town back line closed things up very well to see their side to a deserved clean sheet success.
You may also want to watch:
There was no such joy for the Town third team, who went down 10-2 to Bradninch Villa in a Macron League Division Eight game played at the Archery Club pitches. Trailing to a brace of early goals, an own goal and a neat finish from Matt Peligry restored parity before the Mid Devon men took charge to bank the three points.
In Town youth matches there was no game for the Under-13s, but the Under-11s were playing and they were edged out in an entertaining Exeter and District Youth League Cup tie by Heavitree Eagles before returning to Southern Road to be ball boys for the bug FA Vase tie in the afternoon.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 4 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI