Town chairman nets four wicket haul in Exmouth 2nd XI defeat
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth 2nd XI were beaten by four wickets in a low-scoring affair at Sandford 2nds.
After losing the toss and being asked to bat in conditions that certainly suited the side bowling, Richard Baggs produced a fine innings of 35 that proved to be three times the ‘best of the rest’ from his team mates, that a knock of nine from Stuart Rintoul.
Three players, Jeremy Tozer, Harvey Blake and Tom Williams each chipped in with knocks of eight as the Maer men were bowled out for 93 in two balls shy of 30 overs.
Defending a sub 100 score was a challenge that Exmouth, and particularly Stuart Shaw, rose to.
Indeed they claimed six of the home wickets - Exmouth Town Football Club chairman Shaw taking four of them to finish with impressive figures of 4-18 from eight overs.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Craib and skipper Richard Baggs were the other Exmouth wicket takers as the Mid Devon men crossed the winning line in the 33rd over.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake