Exmouth Town seeking to ‘silence the Lambs’ on Wednesday night
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town play their first home game of the new Toolstation Western League campaign tomorrow night (Wednesday) when they entertain Tavistock.
The Southern Road gates and bar will be open from 6pm for the 7.30pm kick-off.
The earlier-than-usual opening is to give supporters plenty of time to go through the now routine track-and-trace procedure.
A similar operation was put in place at Southern Road for last Saturday’s FA Cup tie against Melksham and the Town matchday organisation earned praise from all directions as they managed to get almost 300 people into the ground ahead of kick-off.
Admission to the game tomorrow night is £6 for adults and £4 for concessions.
You may also want to watch:
This season home games will also see free admission afforded to under-16s as well as members of the NHS and the Armed Forces.
Town are also running what was successfully done last season and that is a special ‘deal’ for Exeter City supporters.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
Any Exeter City season ticket holder, Trust member or member of the ECFC Supporters Club will be admitted for £5 or £3 if they qualify for concessions.
Town met Tavistock, twice last season, taking on ‘the Lambs’ first in a league game at Southern Road, played on October 23 when two goals from Ace High and one apiece from Jordan Harris and Callum Shipton, saw Town to a 4-2 win. However, 14 days later the teams met again, this time at Tavistock for an FA Vase tie and the Lambs won this one 6-1 with Ace High again finding the net.
What will we see at Southern Road on Wednesday night? Town to silence the Lambs once more - here’s hoping!