Town all set for Saturday’s visit of Cornish giants
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town have another tough but mouth-watering task, this Saturday (December 1), when Falmouth Town are the visitors to Southern Road in a South West Peninsula Premier Division match, writes John Dibsdall.
Last season, the Cornish side finished third in the league and they also won the Walter C Parsons League cup, defeating Tavistock in the final.
This season they are currently fourth in the league on 35 points, the same number that Town have accrued, but Town have two games in hand.
They have also reached the quarter-finals of the league cup and the third round of the Cornwall Senior Cup, and have lost just four games in all competitions this season, drawing 3-3 at Tavistock on their last league outing.
Exeter City are without a game this Saturday and Town are inviting Exeter City Trust members and season ticket holders to take advantage of a discounted entry to this top-of-the-table clash.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a £1 discount to City fans producing a Trust membership card or a 2018-19 season ticket stub.
Discounted prices will be £4.00 adults, £3.00 over 65/under 18 and free entry for under 16. Kick-off at Southern Road on Saturday is 3pm.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
The gate and bar will be open from 1.30pm and the Premier Division clash between Southampton and Manchester United will be screened live in the clubhouse, kick-off 5.30pm.
Last Saturday’s scheduled league match at Bodmin Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch and has been re-arranged for Saturday, April 27.