Topsham St James win well against Ottery St Mary 2nds
- Credit: Archant
Topsham St James 1st XI continued their good form in the E Division East with a routine win over Ottery St Mary 2nd XI, writes Matthew Williams.
On a humid afternoon at the Bonfire Field, Edd Kirby won the toss and elected to field first.
The Topsham opening bowlers performed excellently on a hard surface, with wickets falling at regular intervals – with Ottery being bowled out for 100 in 31.2 overs.
Ross Treleaven was the pick of the home bowlers with his return being 4-24.
Mark Phillips and Edd Kirby were the other wicket takers, claiming 3-18 and 3-23, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Only George Mutter (31) made any impression with the bat for Ottery. In response, the Saints lost an early wicket, with Callum Treleaven departing without troubling the scorers.
Narender Dhayal played some typically wristy shots before being given out for 14, with the Saints 34-2.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 10 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
Ross Treleaven came in at number four and scored freely, seeing the Saints home and finishing on 42 not out. Ed Baxter anchored the innings and was not out 19 as Topsham St James ran out winners by eight wickets.
Topsham St James make the long trip to Westward Ho! on Saturday (June 23).