Speedway legend heading for Exeter.
THE world s most successful speedway rider and former Falcons skipper Ivan Mauger OBE, MBE, is heading back to Exeter, writes Tony Lethbridge.
THE world's most successful speedway rider and former Falcons skipper Ivan Mauger OBE, MBE, is heading back to Exeter, writes Tony Lethbridge.
The New Zealand superstar ,with no less than 14 world titles to his name, will be hosting an Evening with Ivan at the Thistle Hotel, Queen Street, Exeter, on Monday, July 12, when he will also be launching his new autobiography, The Will to Win.
Mauger, who won a record six world individual speedway titles and three world long track championships, as well as team and pairs titles, rode for the Exeter Falcons from 1973 to 1977 and again in 1984.
In 1974 he led the Falcons to the British League (First Division) championship.
You may also want to watch:
He was voted rider of the Millennium in 2000 and was last seen at Exeter when he rode the final four laps of the old County Ground track at the close of the End of an Era meeting in October 2005.
The Evening with Ivan will commence at 7.30pm and will include a question and answer session and display of memorabilia. The cost of admission is �10.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 3 County’s major arts event exceeds expectations in first few days
- 4 East Devon elects new councillor in the Exe Valley
- 5 Yachtsman provides a valuable learning service for watch team
- 6 Probus club members resume 2021 meetings
- 7 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 8 Charity football match for Budleigh Veterans
- 9 Season coming to a close at Madeira Bowls
- 10 Is the staycation boom here to stay? Tell us what you think in our tourism survey
For more details contact Tony Lethbridge on (01392) 272471).