Southern Road all set for big crowd for Town’s ‘massive’ FA Vase tie
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town are looking forward to their FA Vase Southern Road meeting with Cadbury Heath tomorrow (Saturday).
Town boss Kevin Hill is looking forward to the tie against Western League Premier Division Cadbury Heath – kick-off is 3pm.
Town have a couple of injury concerns with Aaron Denny struggling – and rated as only 50/50 to make the match – this, after picking up a hamstring injury in Town’s marvellous 4-3 win at St Austell last Saturday, while Jamie Dirrane is out for the next month with a hernia problem.
There was a third concern with Kieran Willdigs also picking up a knock in Cornwall, however, he had fully recovered and will be on duty for the big tie.
There is also good news for Town followers as Karl Rickard is available once again after suspension and both goalkeeper Robbie Powell and midfielder Simon Withers are also available for the cup tie.
You may also want to watch:
Cadbury Heath will come to East Devon sitting ninth in the Western League top flight – one level higher than Town’s SWP League status – having banked 16 points to date from 11 games.
In the last round of the competition, the Bristol-based side defeated Sidmouth Town in what proved to be the final game for Sidmouth boss Richard Pears before he switched allegiance to Buckland Athletic. Cadbury Heath won that last round tie 5-0 and, ironically, their last meeting was again against a Richard Pears side – they drew 1-1 with Buckland last weekend.
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 Date set for Exmouth woman's murder trial
- 8 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 9 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 10 ‘Think twice’ before leaving home – Devon director of public health warning
Town boss Kevin Hill is hoping for a big turn out from the Southern Road faithful on Saturday.
He says: “We have a great team spirit which is bringing results and I sense we are also building a great rapport with the supporters. It would mean so much to have another 250 plus gate cheering us on against Cadbury Heath.”
Last Saturday Town took 50 supporters for their league game in Cornwall.
Tomorrow sees the clubhouse and gate open from 12.30pm with the bar opening from 1pm.
Admission to the game is £5 for adults with the concession price, for O65 and U18, £4 and Under-16s are admitted for £3 each – Town’s free admission policy for U16s does not apply to FA cup competitions owing to tournament rules.
There is an added bonus for folk rocking up at Southern Road on Saturday for the clubhouse TC will be screening two other big games with the lunchtime screening of the Bournemouth v Manchester United and then, post the FA Vase tie the TVs will be screening the Arsenal v Liverpool match from 5.30pm.