Saturday’s local, football round-up: Exmouth Town win away in Cornwall / Lympstone draw / Budleigh Salterton Reserves edged out
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town were 2-1 winners on their visit to Falmouth Town thanks to goals from Jordan Harris and Dave Rowe.
The win sees Town return to the top of the South West Peninsula League after they had been temporarily removed from top spot after Plymouth Argyles’ Friday night 3-0 win over Bodmin Town.
Town also got a huge boost to their title hopes with the news that rivals for the top honour, Tavistock, dropped two more points as they were held to a 2- draw at Helston.
In Macron League action, the East Devon derby at Greenway Lane ended with Budleigh Salterton Reserves beaten 4-3 by Ottery St Mary.
In the same division Lympstone and University 4ths shared four goals and there was a narrow 3-2 loss away at Winchester for East Budleigh.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Seven, East Budleigh Reserves beat Pinhoe 4-2 but there was a 5-1 defeat for Otterton Reserves in their game at Bickleigh.
In Division Eight, Exmouth Town thirds lost 4-0 at Priory, Lympstone Reserves lost 5-0 at Dawlish, but Topsham Town thrashed Elmore thirds 7-1.
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces