Satchel and Hocking star in East Budleigh Reserves win
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
East Budleigh Reserves were in sparkling form at Lapford last Saturday, crushing the home side 9-2 in Macron League Five.
It was a great performance from Budleigh, who rode their luck early on playing up the hill, but when they got into their stride they played some quick counter-attacking football.
Elliot Satchel and Jack Hocking both scored before Satchel added his second and Budleigh's third.
The hosts scored before the break, but it was Budleigh who dominated the second half. Both Satchel and Hocking went on to score four each in the game and Tom Marker added the ninth.
At the back, Gav Russell and Daz Cardwell did well, as did the midfield partnership of Lee Mitchell and Morgan Pearce.
You may also want to watch:
The Man of the Match award was shared jointly by Satchel and Hocking for an East Budleigh second team who host Willand-based Bravehearts this Saturday (3pm).
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh