Robins Reserves slip closer to drop spots after derby defeat
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton Reserves were beaten 2-0 when they hosted Otterton in a Macron League Division Three game, writes SpursTom.
Having not seen action since the second Saturday of January, the Robins second team were hoping to put out a strong side for a much-anticipated local derby fixture.
Sadly, a combination of unavailability and call-ups to the senior side left second team boss Alan Barnsley working hard on the morning of the match to field a side – even going as far as to name himself amongst the substitutes!
The bosses makeshift team fell behind inside two minutes to a Matt Lidstone strike, but thereafter stood strong and gave a really good account of themselves before conceding a second late in the game when Jimmy Cardwell got the final touch in a crowded area.
The Robins were lacking the strength and luck required for such a challenge and this reversal drops them closer to the relegation places.
You may also want to watch:
It is not about to get any easier for Alan and his team, for this Saturday (February 24) they face an arguably tougher challenge when they travel to Exeter to take on a Royal Oak side that defeated table-toppers Priory over the weekend.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 10 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club