Rice and Dart send Budleigh through
BUDLEIGH made further progress in the Devon NatWest Under-15 competition thanks to a six wicket win over Thorverton.
It was only a combination of the efforts of the Ottermouth ground staff and a drying wind that allowed the game to proceed after a day of rain.
The Mid Devon side batted first and, faced with damp conditions and a strong breeze, were soon in trouble as Aaron Conway knocked over one of the openers. It got better for the hosts as they then removed the other opener, courtesy of a leg before decision in favour of bowler George Pannell.
Conway claimed two further wickets and there was an excellent spell of four overs that yielded just seven runs from Adam Jones as the Thors closed their twenty overs with the bat on 122-4.
James England was dismissed in the very first over of the reply before Elliot Rice and Jack Dart combined to put them back on course. Rice eventually departed, bowled for 28, with Dart going onto eventually retire having reached a splendid half century.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Conway chipped in with 16 and Ollie Howard thumped the winning runs, striking a six to bring up victory in the penultimate over of the contest.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club
- 10 Landing great fish from boats across the region