Quiz time! How good is your sporting general knowledge
- Credit: PA
With sport still shut down across most of the globe due to the coronavirus pandemic, why not test your sporting knowledge with another quiz?
Here are some of the latest posers from the Press Association this week. No cheating!
1. Which former Norwich striker manages League One club Coventry?
2. How many Wimbledon titles has Venus Williams won?
3. How many Rugby World Cups have been won by Australia?
You may also want to watch:
4. Who did Warrington defeat to claim the 2019 Challenge Cup?
5. Which NFL team’s nickname is the Saints?
- 1 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 4 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 5 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 6 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 7 Exmouth Town start season with a draw
- 8 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 9 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 10 Captain’s Day at Madeira Bowls
6. The Scottish Grand National is held at which venue?
7. How many F1 world championships has Lewis Hamilton won?
8. Which NBA team does Kevin Durant play for?
9. True or false – American golfer Phil Mickelson has won three Masters titles.
10. In what year did Patrice Evra make his debut for Manchester United?
11. From 2014 to 2016, Andy Murray was coached by which former Wimbledon women’s champion?
12. What was the name of Sunderland FC’s original home ground? A- Blue House Field, B- Black House Field, C- Red House Field
13. What colour medal did British diver Tom Daley win at the London 2012 Olympics?
14. The heptathlon is made up of how many individual events?
15. Who holds the record for most catches taken by an England wicketkeeper in Test cricket?
16. Former Welsh winger Nigel Walker also represented his country in which athletics event?
17. What is the nickname for England’s national netball team?
18. How many NBA championships did LeBron James win as a member of the Miami Heat?
19. Which venue hosted the 2001 FA Cup final?
20. Which manager has won the most FA Cup titles?
21. Who was the last English manager to win the FA Cup?
22. In cricket, who is England’s all-time wicket taker?
23. LeBron James was selected as the first pick of which year’s NBA draft?
24. Who did Australia beat in the semi-final of the 1999 Rugby World Cup?
25. Which team won the 2015 NFL Super Bowl?
26. How many Grand Slam titles has Roger Federer won?
27. How many Formula One world titles has Sebastian Vettel won?
28. Before current champion Al Boum Photo, which was the last horse to win consecutive Cheltenham Gold Cups?
29. When did the New York Yankees win their most recent World Series?
30. With five World Cup titles, which country is the most successful in women’s rugby?
And those all-important answers
Answers: 1. Mark Robins; 2. Five; 3. Two; 4. St Helens; 5. New Orleans; 6. Ayr; 7. Six; 8. Brooklyn Nets; 9. True; 10. 2006; 11. Amelie Mauresmo; 12. A- Blue House Field; 13. Bronze; 14. Seven; 15. Alan Knott; 16. Hurdles; 17. The Roses; 18. Two; 19. Millenium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales; 20. Arsene Wenger; 21. Harry Redknapp; 22. James Anderson; 23. 2003; 24. South Africa; 25. New England Patriots; 26. 20; 27. Four; 28. Best Mate; 29. 2009; 30. New Zealand.