Philips nets hat-trick as Exmouth Town Under-18s power to win in Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Under-18s were 8-1 winners when they travelled to Bickleigh to meet Twyford Spartans in a friendly match.
Fielding a new 3/5/2 formation, Town began well and took a 10th minute lead with a clinical finish by Ethan Beverley.
Five minutes later Charlie Skinner headed home a cross from right wing-back Seb Pope to double the lead.
Left wing-back Tom Garland then set up George Phillips to make it 3-0 and it was four on the half-hour with a Harry Bennett goal.
An own goal made it 5-0 before the Mid Devon side got one back only for Phillips to net a second, with the assist down to Tom Garland, to make it 6-1. There was still time for Bennett to bag his second and then Philips completed his hat-trick to end the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Town glovesman Billy Worthington was solid throughout and his back three of Alfie Jones, Brad Worthington and debutant Joel Knott, the latter playing up a year, were excellent.
Midfielders Alfie Gillard, Olly Willis, Charlie Skinner and Jack Draper dominated the middle third and Paddy McGuinness, Tom King and Kian Davie also played key roles in a highly promising performance..
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year