Pearcey and Jones net in Town thirds pre-season defeat to Sidmouth Town
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Exmouth Town thirds were beaten 8-2 in a pre-season friendly meeting with a strong Sidmouth Town XI.
After falling behind to a third minute goal, it took Town just 60 seconds to get back on level terms with a fine finish from Kyle Pearcey.
Five minutes later it looked as if Pearcey would net again, but he was denied by a wonderful save from the Sidmouth glovesman.
It was the Vikings who scored next to lead 2-1 and this drew a change of formation from Town who switched from their 3/5/2 to a 4/4/2 shape.
What seemed a ‘harsh’ penalty was duly driven home for Sidmouth to lead 3-1 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw end-to-end football, but the quality of the Sidmouth players shone through, certainly in terms of composure in front of goal as they scored five more.
There was a second goal for Town with Alfie Jones getting the final touch to a corner superbly delivered by Nadim.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Budleigh Freemasons support the visually impaired