Pat Jarvis wins the Horton Trophy at East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Marilyn Gerrard was the winner of the June stableford competition at East Devon Golf Club last week, with Pat Jarvis taking home the Horton Trophy for 2017, writes Helen Chivers.
The Budleigh Salterton course was beginning to show its fiery summer character as the recent spell of dry and sunny weather dried the ground.
However, that didn’t affect Gerrard as she continued her recent good run of form to record a three under par round of 39 points, which included a birdie at the par three 10th hole.
She claimed victory in the June stableford by two shots over the field of 78 players.
Marilyn took top spot in the Silver division, two shots clear of Sally Underwood and Nicole Lowe in second and third - who could only be separated on countback as they both scored one under par rounds of 37 points.
You may also want to watch:
Countback was again needed to decide places four to eight, with Alison Corney taking fourth place ahead of Hilary Shiels, Sue Harrison, Joy Wisdom and Jill Miller as all four returned scores of one under par 35 points.
Pat was one shot clear at the top of Bronze division, taking home the Horton Trophy for 2018, a trophy played for by the higher handicapping Bronze players.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 4 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 5 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style
Elaine Curel was in the places again this week, one shot behind Pat on a level par 36 points.
Once again, countback came into play to separate the next five players, with Anne Sobczak eventually taking third place ahead of Lesley Wilson, Kassy Gillioz-Taylor, Alison Kent and Peggy Lomas who all played two over par on 34 points.