Ortiz and Lester at the double as Town Under-13s are edged out in 12-goal ‘thriller’
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Under-13s were involved in a thrilling game that yielded no fewer than a dozen goals!
They fell two goals down early on against Dawlish United Foxes, but were fired back into the contest by a Tyler Ortiz finish from a narrow angle and, five minutes later, after another Ortiz shot cannoned back off an upright, there was Cody Lester to tap the ball home!
A second goal from Ortiz and a Sam Quine tap-in made it 4-2 at half time.
Dawlish came out in the second half all guns blazing, scoring twice to level things up at 4-4. Town edged ahead again when a long ball from Robinson was latched onto by Lester to make it 5-4.
However, the match honours ended with Dawlish as they won a couple of late penalties that were followed by a goal on the break to see the South Devon side win a compelling encounter 7-5!
You may also want to watch:
Town Under-13 boss Nick James was clearly delighted with his charges’ efforts, but was left scratching his head as the way the game unfolded!
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year