O’Mahoney at the double for Brixington Blues U10s
- Credit: Archant
Brixington Blues Under-10s were in fine form as they beat Colyton 5-0 in an Exeter and District Youth League meeting.
Blues were quickly into their stride and, in the opening exchanges, during which Charlie Cain showed excellent distribution skills, Ned O’Mahoney saw his shot well saved by the Colyton goalkeeper.
At the other end of the pitch, Harry Tooby, making his debut in the Blues goal, made a fine stop.
The opening goal came from a fluent passing move that saw Frank Shelton, Jake Gibbs-Clarke and Oliver Dawkins all involved before Isaac Wykes fired Blues ahead.
Minutes later the lead was doubled by a fine strike from Gibbs-Clark before O’Mahoney provided the assist for Harley Westaway to make it 3-0 by half-time.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Oliver Dawkins replaced Harry Tooby in goal and the Blues’ dominance continued.
With O’Mahoney and Wykes linking well it was no surprise when a fourth goal was scored with O’Mahoney the scorer.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
Harry Tooby tried his luck from distance, winning the Blues a corner and continued pressure saw more shots fired at the Colyton goal before O’Mahoney netted his second to complete the scoring.
Blues then rounded off a highly successful morning with a 9-0 success against Seaton.
Blues team: Frank Shelton, Ned O’Mahoney, Charlie Cain, Oliver Dawkins, Harry Tooby, Harper Phillips, Isaac Wykes, Harley Westaway, Jake Gibbs-Clark.