Middleditch leads the way in the April medal
- Credit: Archant
Barbara Middleditch continued her strong start to the season by claiming top spot in the April medal at East Devon Golf Club last week, heading the 54-strong field by two shots, writes Helen Chivers.
Barbara's two under par round of nett 72 saw her take overall victory and top spot in Bronze Division from Jane Morton, who recorded a level par nett 74.
Alison Kent was four shots back in third place with her nett 78, narrowly beating Sue Owen-Pawson on countback.
Elaine Curel and Liz Connolly both scored nett 79s, with Elaine taking fourth place on countback.
Hilary Shiels recorded a nett 76 to win in Silver Division, one shot clear of Sue Fowler on nett 77. Sally Underwood was another shot back in third on nett 78.
You may also want to watch:
It was close for fourth place with Carole Brailey taking the place on countback from Anne Boyle as they both returned scores of nett 80.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities