Mcllellan bowls hat-trick as Woodbury beaten by Whimple in Under-14 game.
- Credit: Archant
Woodbury Under-14s were beaten by four wickets when they entertained Whimple in a Bradleys East Devon Youth League game.
The home side won the toss and opted to bat.
Rory Haddow top scored with a two-boundary 17 and there were contributions from Gwyn Parks (13) and Zac Mcllellan (10) in a total of 86-7.
Whimple completed a successful run chase with four wickets and five overs to spare, closing the game out at 88-6.
Jacob Mcllellan claimed a hat-trick and finished with figures of 3-10 whilst Tom Bird (1-9) and Zac Mcllellan (1-24) were the other wicket takers.
You may also want to watch:
There was some exceptional fielding and catching by Woodbury with William Bird, Adam Woodman, Tom Bird, Rory Haddow and Gwyn Parks all holding catches whilst Jacob Mcllellan was responsible for a run out.
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 8 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 9 Joint initiative Is big bowls success
- 10 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon