Maier at the double in Exmouth United U13 win
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth United Under-13s continued their winning run with a fine 4-0 Easter Saturday success over Exeter-based outfit Central.
United started well and, in the early exchanges Luca Brind sent in a teasing cross before drilling the ball just wide of the target and Jack Macdonald-Brown sent over some well-flighted corners.
The pressure built and it came as no surprise when Lewis Tose fired United ahead.
Central hit back, but were denied by a fine save from United goalkeeper Rossi McIntyre.
The lead was doubled with a powerful shot from Josh Poole before Harry Guy went close.
You may also want to watch:
The next to try his luck with a shot was Alex Quaife, and he found the net with what he thought was a ‘birthday’ goal, but it was ruled out for off-side.
After the break, as the warm conditions began to tell on the players, particularly the visiting side, United added two more goals, both scored by Andy Maier.
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 10 Joint initiative Is big bowls success
Glovesman McIntyre made another smart save, but then had precious little to do as the United defence, in which Will Lavis shone, closed the game out in a degree of comfort.