Madeira trio are runners-up in Over-50s ladies’ triples national final
- Credit: Archant
Jan Roberts, Catherine King and Janine Orchard travelled to Nottingham to compete in the National Championships, playing in the Over-50s Ladies’ Triples.
In their opening match, a first round encounter with a trio from Tetbury, they won 14-11.
That set them up with an evening quarter-final tie against a threesome from Harrogate and again they were successful, winning 21-13.
After a night’s rest they were back in action the following morning with a semi-final against South Forest, who they defeated 22-15 to book a place in the national final!
In the final, the Madeira triple were up against a trip from Riverain, a large club from Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
It certainly seemed as if most of the Madeira members back in Exmouth, amongst many others, were watching the EIBA website to keep abreast with the score.
An exciting match ensued, which went to 16-all on the final end with Riverain just winning by the narrowest of margins – a single shot.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 8 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson
Many congratulations to Jan, Catherine, and Janine, on what represents a wonderful effort!