Horler and the Greenway brothers steer Exmouth 2nds to Upottery win
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth 2nds were 17 run winners when they travelled across East Devon to meet Upottery in a Tolchards Devon League D Division East contest.
Upottery had only been beaten once since moving into their Glebe Park home at the start of last season.
However, they have now been beaten in successive home matches as Exmouth, inspired by a fine knock of 73 from James Horler and contributions from Lawrence Greenway (62) and brother George Greenway (46), posted a healthy total of 242-4.
Upottery made a decent fist of the run chase, but the Maer men picked up wickets at key times with Lawrence Greenway taking 4-75 and Alex Craib spinning his way to figures of 3-23 as Upottery were bowled out for 225.
The win sees Exmouth stay second and they are a single point behind table-topping Heathcoat 2nds.
You may also want to watch:
This coming Saturday (June 30) marks the halfway stage of the league season and the Maer men are in home action against a Chardstock side that sit immediately behind them in the top three.
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces