Harriers take on the Sid Valley Ring Half Marathon
- Credit: Exmouth Harriers
Two Exmouth Harriers tackled the tough Sid Valley Ring Half Marathon on Saturday, April 23 and came back with some excellent results.
Sam Kelly and Rachel Sanders set off from the Sidmouth seafront at 9am and took the hilly multi-terrain circular route of the newly created Sid Valley Ring walking stretch via Sidbury and Salcombe Regis to finish the 13.6 miles back on the seafront at Sidmouth, a run set in stunning local scenery.
Sam continued his recent excellent form to win the race in one hour 28 minutes and 32 seconds, and Rachel finished strongly in 63rd place in 2.47.53.
LM Events put on the Clinic Maer races in Exmouth on Sunday April 24. The 10km was a road race that took in the seafront and a loop around Littleham and Maer Lane, whereas the Half Marathon was over a multi-terrain route taking in the Budleigh Cycle Trail and the undulating Jurassic Coast Path from Budleigh back to Exmouth.
Harriers Craig Butler and Nathan Sheehy both finished in second place in the races. Craig completed the 13.6 mile Half Marathon in 1.42.55 and Nathan finished the 10km in 36.46. James Storey was 8th in the Half Marathon in 1.55.27 and Des White was 12th in 48.30 in the 10km.
Steve Morgan travelled east along the south coast and ran in the Southampton 10km finishing in 47.26 and he was 2nd M65.
The Devonshire Dumpling 32km & 52km events were also on Sunday, April 24. The challenges are either a beautiful 32km route with 1,175m of ascent is from Budleigh Salterton to Peak Hill on the SW Coastpath and then inland to Harpford, Otterton, East Budleigh and back to Budleigh Salterton Town Hall.
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 8 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 9 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
- 10 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
Or a really challenging 52Km route with 2,165m of ascent from Budleigh Salterton to Littlecombe Shoot on the SW Coastpath and then inland to Street, Sidbury, Harpford, Otterton, East Budleigh and back to Budleigh Salterton Town Hall.
Amanda McCann and Terry McKie completed the 52km, whilst Lisa Hatchard, Dawn Teed, Alice and Nicola Kelly finished the 32km. A great racing week for Exmouth Harriers.