Ford strikes as Exmouth Rovers win and stay top of the table
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Rovers sit a point clear at the top of the Joma Devon & Exeter League Division One East table after a 1-0 win at Lyme Regis Reserves.
The only goal of the game was scored by Felix Ford and the win means that, five games into the campaign, Rovers remain unbeaten.
Indeed, they are one of just three teams in the division to still be unbeaten, with the other two being Beer Albion Reserves and Tipton St John.
This Saturday (October 24), Rovers again meet Lyme Regis with the match being played at the Withycombe Common pitches (3pm).
Luke Bradford and Tom Chudley scored the goals as Exmouth Spartans were beaten 4-2 at home by Teignmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Spartans, who have now lost three and won just one of their first four games this term, entertain Lympstone on Saturday at Greenway Lane, Budleigh (3pm).
The Lympets were beaten 5-1 at home by Tipton St John and are without a point three games into the campaign.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 3 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 The sun shines on East Devon knockout finals
- 8 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 9 East Devon cracker to start the Peninsula season
- 10 Rotarians busy making plans for Queen's jubilee