Finals day at Phear Park Bowls
- Credit: Phear Park Bowls
Rod Davidson is Phear Park Bowls 2021 men’s overall champion, beating Simon Weclawek 21-10 to regain the trophy. Rod and Simon also contested two further competitions with Rod winning both, the Garbutt Knott by 21 to 7, and the Handicap by 21 to 6.
Simon did not come away completely empty handed though, as he won the Captain's Trophy, beating Paul Beresford 21 to 15. The Men’s Over 70s competition was won by Rod Davidson, coming from behind to beat Bryan Stone by one point.
The Men’s Pairs trophy was won by Rod Davidson and John Robins, who beat Simon Weklawek and Peter Burch 20-9.
The Ladies Championship this year was won by Sarah Westacott, who beat Jen Derbyshire 21-15. Sarah also beat Jen in the Ladies Handicap by 21-15. Sarah went on to beat Sue Smith in the 2 wood Margaret Marsh Cup final, 16-12.
You may also want to watch:
To complete a splendid weekend, Sarah also won the Mixed Pairs, partnered by John Anderson, and the 3 wood Challis Cup against Margo Allen, who conceded with the score at 18-4.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 7 John and Grace run for the heart
- 8 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 9 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon