Harris nets four as Town launch pre-season in style
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Harris scored four as Exmouth defeated local rivals Sidmouth 6-0 defeat in their first pre-season game.
With two divisions separating the sides, the gulf in class was evident early on as the Vikings struggled to see much of the ball.
With dominance of possession, it did not take long for the home side to go in front.
In the 11th minute, Ace High was on the end of a smart passing move that saw a squared ball go across the box to the feet of High. With the keeper well out of the goal, the Exmouth player had an easy chance, which he duly finished.
After the opener, the home side were continually pushing at the door, including a Cantona-esque chip that landed just over.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was soon doubled though as Jordan Harris grabbed what would be the first of his four goals.
His initial shot in the 13th minute was saved but he pounced on the rebound to finish past a defender on the line.
- 1 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 2 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 3 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 4 Environmental issues a hot topic in Local Plan consultation
- 5 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 6 Redwood trees are 'fantastic news for Torbay's Naturally Inspiring environment'
- 7 Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- 8 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 9 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 10 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue
High had another two chances before he eventually got his second on the half hour mark; a comfortable finish to put the home side in control.
The Vikings were struggling to see much of the ball and, in the 33rd minute, High completed his hat-trick.
A push in the Sidmouth box saw the referee point to the spot. High converted the penalty kick with a shot it the right-hand corner to make it 5-0 at half-time.
During the break, Exmouth swapped their entire team and the second half was a much more even affair. Exmouth triallist Dax Vincent scored the final goal of the game with a low finish into the bottom right.
The game finished 6-0 to the hosts with Exmouth starting their 19/20 campaign in style.