Exmouth Town Under-18s told to ‘play it again’ in bid to win the Devon Cup
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town will have to ‘play it again’ in terms of their attempts to win the Devon Under-18 Cup.
That’s because the Devon County FA Cups Committee have announced that the Wotton Printers Devon Under 18 Boys County Cup Final shall be replayed.
The game has been rearranged for Sunday, November 1, 2020, kicking-off at 2pm, between Totnes and Dartington & Exmouth Town.
This follows a recent protest from Totnes that Exmouth Town had played a suspended player, which in turn, was confirmed by Exmouth Town.
Following an appeal by Exmouth Town which highlighted some vital mitigation, it was confirmed by the Board of Appeal Commission that the game would be replayed on November 1, at Coach Road, minus the offending player for Exmouth - who remains ineligible for the game due to the suspension.
You may also want to watch:
The first game was a very tight affair that resulted in Town ultimately lifting the cup after winning a penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light