Exmouth Town Under-18s told to ‘play it again’ in bid to win the Devon Cup
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town will have to ‘play it again’ in terms of their attempts to win the Devon Under-18 Cup.
That’s because the Devon County FA Cups Committee have announced that the Wotton Printers Devon Under 18 Boys County Cup Final shall be replayed.
The game has been rearranged for Sunday, November 1, 2020, kicking-off at 2pm, between Totnes and Dartington & Exmouth Town.
This follows a recent protest from Totnes that Exmouth Town had played a suspended player, which in turn, was confirmed by Exmouth Town.
Following an appeal by Exmouth Town which highlighted some vital mitigation, it was confirmed by the Board of Appeal Commission that the game would be replayed on November 1, at Coach Road, minus the offending player for Exmouth - who remains ineligible for the game due to the suspension.
You may also want to watch:
The first game was a very tight affair that resulted in Town ultimately lifting the cup after winning a penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 3 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 8 The sun shines on East Devon knockout finals
- 9 East Devon cracker to start the Peninsula season
- 10 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club