Exmouth Town Under-12s so impressive in win over Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Under-12s made it four wins from five pre-season outings as they defeated Ottery St Mary 5-2.
It was a dominant display all-round from Town who began well and Tom O’Connor saw a shot in the early exchanges cannon back off the frame of the goal.
O’Connor was soon on the score sheet though, clinically finishing after an incisive run.
Parity was swiftly restored with the Otters punishing a defensive mix up.
However, the lead was restored when Will Esson side footed a volley home following a cross from Fred Fordham.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the second half Cameron Rawlings increased the lead before the Otters struck again to make it 3-2.
The two goal advantage was restored when Kai Macmanus got his head to a corner and that led to a period of control for Town during which they were kept at bay by the excellent Ottery glovesman.
- 1 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 2 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 3 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 4 Environmental issues a hot topic in Local Plan consultation
- 5 Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- 6 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 7 Redwood trees are 'fantastic news for Torbay's Naturally Inspiring environment'
- 8 'We've been overwhelmed by your support'
- 9 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 10 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
There was one more Town goal with George Stone netting to complete the scoring.
In a terrific all-round Town display the stand-out shifts came from O’Connor, Stone, Skinner, Macmanus and Rawlings.