Exmouth Town second team battle well in defeat at Feniton
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Reserves went down 5-0 on their visit to Feniton for a Macron league Premier Division game.
Town’s second string, missing a number of key players, were indebted to Martin Rice, who made some outstanding saves, to keep his side in the game for the first 25 minutes when the home side finally got the better of the former Exeter City glovesman. A second goal before the break gave Fenny a 2-0 interval lead and they added three more in a second half that they dominated from start to finish.
For the Town second string that’s now six defeats in nine, but they remain clear of the bottom two. The nine points from those six games sees Town sitting three points better off than basement side Okehampton Argyle and second bottom Seaton Town, both of whom who have played more games than the Southern Road men.
The Town third team game was one of 30 plus Macron League matches to be postponed on a soggy Saturday.
There was youth action with the Town Under-11s coming off second best in a high-scoring affair away against Exeter-based Central.
You may also want to watch:
There were no matches over the weekend for either the Town Under-13 or the Town Uder18 teams.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year