Exmouth Town’s destiny to be settled on Saturday!
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town are not playing on Easter Monday, but they will no doubt have ‘an eye on’ proceedings at Tavistock where Helston Athletic are the visitors, writes John Dibsdall.
Should Tavistock win the game then the spotlight falls very much on Saturday (April 27) when the destiny of the top honour will be decided!
If both teams win – Town at Bodmin Town and Tavistock at Plymouth Argyle Reserves, then the two sides will sit joint top of the table with 91 points – but the Lambs would be crowned champions by virtue of a superior goal difference!
The draft constitution of the revised SWPL step six divisions for next season, the current Premier Division is being split into two, Premier East and Premier West, has been published but neither Tavistock or Exmouth Town have been included in the East Division.
The inference is that irrespective of the result of their remaining games both Exmouth Town and Tavistock will be promoted to step five, Western League Premier Division, next season.
You may also want to watch:
This means that Town could renew old rivalries with Devon clubs, Plymouth Parkway, Buckland Athletic, Willand Rovers and possibly Barnstaple Town as well as the likes of Bridgwater Town, Wellington, Bridport and sides in the Bristol area.
Town’s final League position should also mean that they will be in the draw for both the FA Cup and the FA Vase next season.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 8 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson