Exmouth Town Reserves make winning start to new league term
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Exmouth Town Reserves made a winning start to the new Scott Richards Solicitors Devon League North & East with a 4-2 success away at Witheridge.
The first half was even-steven before a late fluty of goals with Town scoring three times in the final three minutes of the half to lead 3-0 at the break!
Sam Schlaefli opened the scoring with a 42nd minute penalty and that was immediately followed by goals from Tom Bray and Karl Riddell for Town to hold that handsome half-time advantage.
In the second half the home side pulled a goal back, but the three goal margin was swiftly restored thanks to a fine finish from Adam Turner.
A late second from Witheridge failed to take any gloss of an excellent opening day win for the Town second string.
You may also want to watch:
The Town Man of the Match award went to the richly deserving Tom Bradshaw.
Town Reserves are back in action on Wednesday night (September 9) when they host Newtown in the second league game of the new season.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake