Exmouth Town Reserves edged out at Witheridge
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Reserves were edged out in what proved to be an entertaining Macron League top flight game at Witheridge where the home side won 2-1.
Town took the lead through a Matt Cousins header just before half-time.
Witheridge started the second half strongly and imposed themselves on proceedings, scoring twice in the opening 10 minutes. However, Town were always ‘in the contest’ and created plenty of scoring opportunities, but without being able to apply finishing to match the approach play.
After the game, Town boss Ryan Harris said: “Despite losing, it was certainly our best collective performance to date, and against a strong Witheridge side.”
The Town third team were facing a tough game as they prepared to entertain a strong Elmore third team at the Archery Club in a Division Eight encounter.
You may also want to watch:
However, Town made light of the two side’s seasons to date by making a flying start and racing into a two goal lead thanks to a Matt Peligery free-kick and a Harry David drive into the top corner of the home net.
Unfortunately, that was as good as it got on the day and the Tiverton-based side hit back to lead 3-2 at the break and added two more in the second half to win the match 5-2.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year